192.168.100.1 -192.168.l00.1 is an IP address that is used as a portal or gateway by routers like Linksys and many other network brands. To configure routers and networks, companies establish router admin access which permits network administrators to configure, by using this address. 192.168.100.1 is the IP for home broadband routers. This IP address lets you control the panel of your wireless router and make the changes you want. This address can only be used inside the home network since it is a private IPv4 network address. Apparently, it can operate DNS, proxy, LAN, WAN, WLAN settings, Network Management, Security Options, IP QoS, DSL, ADSL, MAC, WPS block; and many more
5 simple steps to log in to 192.168.100.1
If you want to change the settings and configurations which is provided by router software, then simply with an IP address 192.168.100.1 you can easily access your router admin and change your settings.
- Open the browser of your computer and write 192.168.100.1 in the address bar of your browser or you can simply get it by clicking this http://192.168.100.1
- If your browser gives an error of address not found then it is not your router’s IP address.
- By putting the correct router’s IP address in the browser’s address bar, you will be forwarded to the user login panel.
- If you do not remember your credentials
- You can alter and modify all the internet settings when you log in to your router’s admin panel.
Why can’t I access 192.168.100.1?
On the condition that there is a connection issue, initially, you should identify whether your device’s IP address is 192.168.100.1. Mistakes like typing l instead of 1 are common. See our list of IP addresses and article on finding IP addresses in different OSs. If your default IP is this one yet it still doesn’t work, disable the firewall and antivirus software operating on your system.
How to change the router password?
Type in the default 192.168.l00.1 IP address of the router and log in to the control panel. Then, introduce your router’s username and password. Now, you must be looking at the admin interface. Here, you should find the administrative tab. Click on ‘Change password‘ and enter your new password two times.
What if I forgot the router’s username and password?
- Unless you made any prior changes in your username and password, you can find them in the router’s label together with the login address and serial number.
- But If you changed them but don’t remember, you need to reset the device.
- Press the reset button for about ten seconds with a very thin and small object.
- If no changes were made before, find out the username and password you need from the list.
Reset Router to Factory Settings
Follow these steps to restore your router to its factory settings:
- Press and hold the reset button on the back of your router for about 10 seconds.
- The lights of your device will turn off and start again. Wait a while for the lights to return to normal.
- After all connection lights are lit, your device is now factory default.
After you have restored your router to the factory settings, you can find the necessary information from the below username and password list.